Quay sunglasses are a favorite among stylish individuals worldwide. They are famous for their fashionable designs, excellent build quality, and affordability. However, some people prefer a cleaner look and would rather have their sunglasses without the brand logo. This guide will assist you in understanding the process to remove the Quay logo on sunglasses without causing any damage.
Disclaimer: The method outlined below is a suggestion and is done at your own risk. Some users have reported success, but improper execution may cause damage to your sunglasses. Always exercise caution while attempting to modify your sunglasses in any way.
- Microfiber Cloth: This is essential for cleaning the sunglasses, particularly the lenses.
- Acetone or Nail Polish Remover: These chemicals are effective in removing prints from various surfaces, including sunglass lenses.
- Cotton Swabs: These will be used to apply the acetone or nail polish remover.
- Gloves: Acetone can be harsh on skin, so it’s advisable to wear gloves.
- Warm Soapy Water: This will be used to clean off the acetone or nail polish remover residue.
Steps to Remove Quay Logo on Sunglasses
Step 1: Clean Your Sunglasses
Firstly, clean your sunglasses thoroughly using a microfiber cloth. This will ensure that the lens is free of dust, dirt, and fingerprints, which could interfere with the logo removal process.
Step 2: Apply the Acetone or Nail Polish Remover
Put on your gloves to protect your hands. Dip a cotton swab into the acetone or nail polish remover, ensuring it’s saturated but not dripping.
Gently rub the cotton swab over the logo, applying a fair amount of pressure. Ensure you’re rubbing only the logo and not the surrounding area to prevent damaging the lens.
Step 3: Check the Logo Status
After rubbing for a few seconds, pause and check if the logo is starting to fade. If not, continue rubbing, but avoid doing it excessively as this could risk scratching the lens.
Step 4: Clean Off the Acetone or Nail Polish Remover
Once the logo has been completely removed, clean off any acetone or nail polish remover residue. You can do this by washing the sunglasses under warm soapy water. Rinse thoroughly to ensure all residue is removed, then dry your sunglasses using a soft cloth.
Tips and Tricks
- Always work in a well-ventilated area to prevent the inhalation of fumes from the acetone or nail polish remover.
- If you find the logo is stubborn, let the acetone sit on the logo for a few minutes before you start rubbing. But remember, don’t leave it for too long as it can damage the lens.
- In case of a plastic frame, be careful not to get the acetone on it as it could ruin the finish.
- Always test a small, inconspicuous area first to make sure the acetone or nail polish remover won’t damage your sunglasses.
Removing the Quay logo on your sunglasses can be a simple process if done with care. The logo is typically a type of print that can be removed using acetone or nail polish remover. However, always remember to work gently to avoid damaging your sunglasses and work in a well-ventilated area. With a little time and patience, you can enjoy a logo-free pair of Quay sunglasses.
This guide is provided as an informational resource and does not guarantee that the process will be successful for everyone. Always try to consult with a professional if unsure. Furthermore, altering your Quay sunglasses in this way could potentially void any warranty attached to the product.