Sunglasses are not just a fashion accessory; they also serve the crucial purpose of protecting your eyes from harmful UV rays. DITA sunglasses have gained immense popularity due to their high-quality craftsmanship and unique designs. Unfortunately, the popularity of these luxury sunglasses has led to the rise of counterfeit products in the market. To avoid falling prey to fake DITA sunglasses, it is essential to know how to spot the genuine ones. In this post, we will guide you through several key indicators to help you identify fake DITA sunglasses.
6 Methods to Check Fake DITA Sunglasses
Here are the key steps to spot fake DITA sunglasses:
Inspect the Frame
Check the build quality and materials used. Authentic DITA frames feel solid and sturdy, made from high-quality acetate or titanium. Fake frames may have rough edges, uneven finishes, loose parts, lightweight materials.
Examine the Logo
On real DITA sunglasses, the logo should be discretely etched or engraved on the frame – usually on the temples or lenses. Fake logos may be poorly printed, misaligned, or missing.
Look for Precision Details
Real DITA sunglasses feature meticulous craftsmanship and diamond-pressed metal details. Fakes often lack attention to detail – look for uneven hinges, gaps, and rough edges.
Verify Accessories & Packaging
Genuine DITAs come with distinct accessories like a magnetic box, microfiber cloth and case. Fakes may have low quality or incorrect accessories.
Check Authentication Elements
Real DITAs have an engraved SKU number on the frame specific to that model. The “Made in Japan” engraving should also be present.
Buy From Authorized Retailers
Here are some additional details related to above methods that you might find helpful:
Examine the Packaging
One of the first steps in identifying fake DITA sunglasses is to carefully examine the packaging. Genuine DITA sunglasses come in high-quality packaging that is designed with attention to detail. Here are a few things to look for:
- Box Quality: Genuine DITA sunglasses are presented in sturdy and well-crafted boxes. The materials used are of high quality, with clean edges and smooth surfaces. Counterfeit sunglasses often come in cheap and flimsy boxes that may have rough edges or contain spelling mistakes on the labels.
- Logo and Branding: Pay close attention to the logo and branding on the packaging. Genuine DITA sunglasses feature precise and clear branding, with accurate font styles and colors. Counterfeit products often have poorly printed or blurry logos, and the font style may differ from the original.
- Included Accessories: Authentic DITA sunglasses typically come with a few accessories such as a cleaning cloth, a carrying case, and a certificate of authenticity. Examine these accessories for quality and attention to detail. Counterfeit products may include low-quality or missing accessories, or the accessories may not match the original design.
Inspect the Frame
The frame of DITA sunglasses is another important aspect to examine when determining their authenticity. Keep the following points in mind:
- Build Quality: Authentic DITA sunglasses are meticulously crafted with attention to detail. The frame should feel solid and well-constructed. Check for any loose or poorly aligned parts, as these can be signs of a fake.
- Materials Used: DITA sunglasses are often made from high-quality materials such as acetate or titanium. Counterfeit sunglasses may use inferior materials that feel cheap or lightweight. Look for any signs of poor quality, such as rough edges, uneven finishes, or flimsy hinges.
- Logo Placement: Examine the placement of the DITA logo on the sunglasses. Genuine sunglasses have the logo etched or engraved discreetly on the frame, usually on the temples or the lens. Fake sunglasses may have logos that are poorly placed, off-center, or easily scratched off.
Check the Lenses
The lenses of DITA sunglasses can provide valuable clues about their authenticity. Consider the following factors:
- UV Protection: Authentic DITA sunglasses provide excellent UV protection to safeguard your eyes. Look for labels or markings on the lenses that indicate UV protection. Genuine sunglasses often have high-quality lenses that block a significant amount of UV rays. Fake sunglasses may lack proper UV protection, putting your eyes at risk.
- Lens Quality: Genuine DITA sunglasses have high-quality lenses that are free from distortion and offer excellent clarity. Counterfeit sunglasses may have lenses with imperfections, such as scratches, bubbles, or distorted vision when looking through them. Hold the sunglasses up to the light and inspect the lenses for any irregularities.
By familiarizing yourself with the packaging, frame, and lenses of genuine DITA sunglasses, you can better spot fake products in the market. Remember to trust your instincts and use common sense when making a purchase. Investing in authentic DITA sunglasses not only ensures the quality and protection of your eyes but also supports the craftsmanship and innovation that the brand represents.